Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why Do You Play on the Server That You Do?

What made you pick the server you play on?

It is really a question I have been mulling over with myself lately.  Why did I choose to play one Landroval over the other servers?  I think the biggest reason I chose Landroval was that I have enjoyed RPing in past MMOs and Landroval is the unofficial RP server.  I liked having the option open to me if and when I were to decide to get back into it.

My thought process in deciding where to play:

I browsed over the official forums to get my initial information regarding which servers included the aspects I was looking for.  It was common knowledge that Brandywine had the largest population, and that Landroval was either the second or third largest.  So far Landroval had the option for regular RP, and a good server population.  My next step was to find out about kinships.  Did I want a small one, a large one, a social one, raid, RP, etc. 

Once again I had to appeal to the official forums for advice.  Personally I was new to the game, not really sure what I was looking for.  Luckily I came across a few kinships that looked promising.  I visited their websites and forums, and decided on the one that I am currently in.  I don't want to turn this post in to a tribute to my kinship, so I'll just leave it at that and save that for another post.

So far I am very glad that I made the choices I did, and I wonder what cosmic force lead me to the server I am on and the group that I play with.  I could have easily ended up on any server and in any kinship.  Making the correct decisions in this regard,  have a huge impact on our game enjoyment  .And the beauty about that is, is that I don't really feel is would have mattered a whole lot.  The LOTRO community is BY FAR the most well behaved, mature, and game enjoying centered community I have ever been a part of.  So hats off to all of us for making our LOTRO experiences as great as they are.

What made you all join the servers you did?  Friends, population, something else entirely??

2 comments:

Goldenstar said...

We actually started on Gladden and purposely paid to transfer our characters to Landroval just for the extra player events and roleplay opportunities. It's definitely not a decision we regret.

Pete. said...

I chose Elendilmir - I'd heard it was the unofficial Oceanic server. ...that's pretty much the only reason ^_^

Post a Comment